Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Associate - Archaeologist
Department: 3670020250 Sociology Anthropology & SocWk
Job no: 512767
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences, Social / Behavioral Sciences, Arts / Humanities
Pay Grade: 08B
About This Role:
Research Associate position with the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work at Kansas State University shall serve as Archaeologist on the archeology support team at Fort Riley. The team consists of three full-time staff who coordinate with the base archaeologist to perform duties in line with the goals of the intergovernmental support agreement between K-State and Ft. Riley.
Why Join Us:
This position does not require travel beyond the work station (Ft Riley), thus, allows a stable home base in the area. Additionally, Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
The Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work in the http://artsci.k-state.edu/about/diversity/index.html in a commitment to recruit, retain and resource peoples historically under-represented in university education in the United States. Fostering diversity goes beyond increasing the numbers of under-represented students, faculty and staff. It also includes a commitment to substantial curricular offerings, resources, and programming that foregrounds the knowledges, perspectives, cultures, and histories of marginalized communities. A truly diverse college culture and structure will benefit all members of the university community to better serve and excel in an increasingly global and multicultural world.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's degree in Anthropology or Archeology or related field
• At least 2 years of relevant experience with archeological field work
• Prior experience with descriptive analysis of archaeological materials
• Knowledge of the culture history and experience with the archaeology of the Flint Hills, Kansas, or central Great Plains
• Experience with descriptive and interpretive analysis of common archeological material remains, especially lithic or historical artifacts
• Excellent writing skills
• Demonstrated contribution to technical reports of archaeological survey and evaluation in a CRM environment
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Possess valid U.S. driver's license upon employment
• Pass background checks at Kansas State University and Fort Riley
• This role is required to follow Fort Riley guidance regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and masking requirements (if mandated).
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents in ONE pdf file:
• Complete Application
• Cover letter summarizing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications stated above
• Current curriculum vitae
• Name and contact information for three professional references
• Writing sample (preferably solely authored archaeological report contribution, thesis, or other relevant document)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 24, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 13, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010624