Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Compliance Coordinator (Diagnostic Medicine / Pathobiology)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 510698
Employment type: Staff Part Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 08B
About this Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology is seeking applicants for a Research Compliance Coordinator. This .75 FTE position will administer a compliance program for the Center on Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (CEZID). Acts as primary resource to research staff, research administrators, investigators, internal review board and/or committee regarding a research compliance area. Collects and coordinates data for ongoing research progress, and prepares reports for development purposes. Assists with the plan and design of research projects. Assists with the preparation of research records, reports and other documentation for publication. This position reports to the appropriate administrator.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Coordinate research project timelines, study objectives, and goals.
• Maintain oversight of all compliance records for the laboratory including but not limited to training records, safety records, annual assessments, etc.
• Review laboratory standard operating procedures for the laboratories.
• Assist in the processing of permits, Material Transfer Agreements, and shipping documents.
• Prepare reports and status updates for the Center
• Coordinate and assist with the preparation and submission of IACUC and IBC protocols
• Provide support to the Research Project Manager as assigned.
• Provide support to the Program Manager as assigned.
• Assist in preparation of grant applications.
• Assist in the coordination of scientific meetings
• Proofreading and review of manuscripts
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• One to three years of relevant experience
• Master's degree
• Prior experience in preparation of reports and documentation for scientific research compliance
• Knowledge of IBC, IACUC, USDA, CDC, OSHA, and DOT regulations
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal reporting requirements
Must be able to lift boxed lab supplies up to 30 lbs and able to restrain animals.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 22.13 - $ 38.72 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 17, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2266671