Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Research Manager - UAS
Department: 3670085535 Salina Dept of UAS
Job no: 511663
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Executive / Director / Management, Research / Scientific / Grants, Aviation / UAT / UAS
Pay Grade: 10B
About This Role:
The Applied Aviation Research Center (AARC) at the Kansas State University Aerospace and Technology Campus in Salina, KS is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Manager to support unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) research and development activities. The Research Manager will support with grant proposal development by conducting literature reviews, establishing methodologies, drafting milestones, tasks objectives, research task plan(s) and budgets as required. The incumbent may also serve as a technical lead on various research projects within their area of expertise. The Research Manager may serve as a Principal Investigator (PI) and will support the UAS Research Program Manager to establish and validate methodologies for research proposals that will include: identification of the problem, literature reviews, data collection and analysis, interim and final report writing to meet sponsored research requirements. The incumbent may also interface with customers to identify project-specific needs and requests as directed by their supervisor. The incumbent will coordinate with stakeholders across campus towards UAS initiatives such as classroom instruction, research sessions, speaker series, and outreach to develop UAS education and training.
The incumbent will perform research activities to include:
• Conduct literature searches
• Draft annotated bibliographies and literature reviews
• Research design
• Data collection and analysis
• Summarize project results
• Formulate conclusion and recommendations
• Draft interim and final research reports
• Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
• Attend project meetings
• Prepare materials for Kansas State University/Institutional Review Board (IRB)
• Prepare and submit journal articles for scholarly peer-reviewed venues
• As appropriate, provide classroom and lab/field instruction, whether as a primary instructor or guest lecturer
• Develop course materials and syllabi
• Assists in development of internship and post-graduate placement opportunities for UAS aviation technology students
• Provides input to curricula development across University Colleges pertaining to UAS
• Conducts outreach by supporting efforts to develop UAS education and training short courses as applicable
• Other duties as assigned.
**This position is eligible for remote work.**
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University's Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) program within the Applied Aviation Research Center (AARC) is engaged in facilitating the commercialization of UAS. This vision led the AARC to be at the forefront of UAS research that influences and enhances UAS regulations and increases capabilities, founded on manned aviation's culture of safety. The AARC staff is comprised of subject-matter experts, connecting with industry to provide https://ksu-uas.com/. Centrally located in Salina, Kansas on the K-State Salina Campus, we enjoy a permissive environment for access to the National Airspace System (NAS). We conduct operations as a Public entity as well as under the FAA's newest regulations for commercial operations, 14CFR Part 107.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a doctor of philosophy and three to five years of relevant experience.
• PhD in Aviation, Engineering, Human Factors, Management, or a related field
• Total of 7 + years' experience in Aviation, Engineering, Human Factors research, preferably related to unmanned aircraft and the aviation industry
• Five years Program Management experience
• Five years of Project Management experience
• Principal Investigator (PI) experience
• Experience in Cybersecurity or Security-Enabled Operations is desired
• UAS flight operations experience is desired
• Ability to quickly learn/keep pace in rapidly growing industry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Substantial experience writing proposals and technical reports
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• This position is eligible for remote work and must be located within the United States in order to comply with all Federal, State, and local payroll withholding taxes and wage requirements.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
• Names and contact information for three current, professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by November 15, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$60,976 - $109,742, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Oct 26, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2725377