Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670045100 Institute Environmental Resrch
Job no: 510458
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 04B
About This Role:
The Institute for Environmental Research at Kansas State University is seeking to hire a full-time Research Technician to help receive products, test products, return products to customers, and bill customers for the services. This is a full-time, hourly position requiring 30-40 hours per week. Start date is negotiable, but May 2021 is preferred. The major duties of the Research Technician are to assist the Testing Coordinator at IER in evaluating the thermal performance of fabric systems, clothing systems, sleeping bag systems, camping mattresses, and personal cooling systems. Specifically,
• To manage the receipt, coding, organizing, and return of textile products to manufacturers.
• To conduct tests on textile products, following established procedures and entering data. Specifically:
• To conduct thermal manikin tests on sleeping bag systems, clothing systems, bedding systems, and personal cooling systems.
• To conduct hot plate tests on fabrics, batting systems, and camping mattresses.
• To manage the accounting for the testing program (i.e., prepare invoices and email them to customers, deposit the checks, and keep an up-to-date ledger of transactions).
• To take photographs of test samples and research projects and manage the image files.
• To assist with other IER testing projects as needed, including those using human subjects. Communicate clearly with the director of IER, director of testing services, and the senior research engineer concerning testing and accounting.
• To update the testing schedule and weekly logs accurately in a timely manner, keep regularly scheduled hours, and manage time wisely.
Why Join Us:
The Institute for Environmental Research (IER) in the College of Engineering is an interdisciplinary research center for the study of the thermal interaction of people and their environment. It is one of the few university facilities in the world with controlled climatic chambers and supporting instrumentation necessary to study the factors that affect human comfort. IER is internationally recognized as a leading laboratory in this field.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• U.S. citizenship is required (needed for military contracts involving product testing)
• High school diploma
• A degree from a 2 or 4-year college in a science-related field.
• Be detail-oriented and organized in everything you do.
• Be honest and trustworthy.
• Be dependable and responsible.
• Be able to work cooperatively with others (i.e., be a team player).
• Have a positive attitude and work ethic.
• Have basic computer skills (e.g., be able to set up spreadsheets and graphs using Microsoft Excel, be able to type documents and tables using Microsoft Word).
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$15.00-$21.00 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 31, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233692