Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670010210 NW Research Ext Center Colby
Job no: 512037
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Colby, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Crop Production, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 04B
About This Role:
The Northwest Extension Agronomy program at the Kansas State University Northwest Research-Extension Center at Colby, Kansas is looking for a Research Technician. This person will be an integral part in conducting applied research of practical relevance to farmers across the High Plains. The successful candidate will plan and conduct field operations such as planting, harvesting, irrigation, and application; use, maintain, repair, and fabricate agricultural machinery; and assist in the collection of high quality data through field measurements.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
We are looking for someone to join our team in a position where they can use their existing skills and develop new skills while contributing to the advancement of the agriculture industry. This is a diverse position with new challenges and opportunities presented almost every day. This is an ideal position for anyone with natural curiosity and attention to detail.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• A.S. or B.S. in agronomy or related field, significant experience in the agricultural industry may be substituted.
• Knowledge of agronomy/crop production, experience with farm machinery.
• Experience with general farming operations including planting, harvesting, tillage, and pesticide application.
• Mechanical aptitude in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of machinery.
• Experience with field experimentation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills such as spreadsheet, word processor, and email.
• Valid driver's license upon employment
• Within 4 months of employment, obtain a commercial applicators license with Class 1A and 10 endorsements. A CDL driver's license is not necessary at this time, but the candidate may be required to obtain one in the future.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
• Apply at https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/careers/index.html.
• Click on Apply Now link and search for position XXXXXX.
• Applicants should upload: a letter of interest, resume and the contact information of three professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by February 15.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$14.04 - $22.58 - Includes State of Kansas benefit package (health, dental, vision, retirement, paid annual leave and sick leave).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
For More Information
Lucas Haag, (785) 462-6281 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: Jan 11, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2771756