Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Technician (Field Instrumentation) - (Northwest Research Extension Center - Colby, Kansas)
Department: 3670010210 NW Research Ext Center Colby
Job no: 508969
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Colby, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Crop Production, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 04B
About This Role:
The Northwest Extension Agronomy program at the Kansas State University Northwest Research-Extension Center at Colby, Kansas is looking for a Research Technician. The successful candidate will take a lead role in the execution of a 3 year project utilizing cutting-edge scientific instruments to quantify processes in a producer field of grain sorghum. This project will measure soil water, plant growth, and CO2, water vapor, and carbon fluxes at a very fine scale. This position will have responsibility for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electronic equipment, will have responsibility for conducting daily QA/QC of collected data, and will have responsibility for in-field sampling campaigns of both plant and soil properties.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• A.S. technical certificate in electronics technology, agronomy, or related field, significant experience in industry may be substituted.
• B.S. in agricultural technology management, precision agriculture, agricultural mechanization, agronomy, or related field. Significant experience in industry may be substituted.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in the use, installation, repair, and/or maintenance of electronic equipment. Experience in production agriculture / agronomy. Basic computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or other data handling software. Experience in compiling and reviewing data for quality assurance / quality control (QA/QC) evaluation.
• Extensive experience in agronomy/crop production. Experience in supervising the work of others. Experience in project management. Extensive experience in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining technical equipment. Extensive experience in compiling and reviewing data for QA/QC evaluation. Experience in compiling and summarizing data for presentation to others. Experience in one or more of the following: DC and AC circuits, Ethernet and serial data communication, wireless communication systems, RTK GPS systems, handheld data collection devices (ruggidized tablets, Android based mobile devices).
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid drivers license upon employment.
How to Apply:
To apply, applicants should upload: a letter of interest, resume and the contact information of three professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$13.47 - $21.64
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 27, 2020
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233768