Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Residence Life Coordinator
Department: 3670085545 Salina Auxiliary Svcs
Job no: 512263
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Community Development / Community Vitality
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) will provide leadership and supervision for the Kansas State University Salina residential community. The coordinator's primary function is to direct and oversee the operations of the residential community. Duties include student development, training, advising student groups, facilities management, professional development, and administrative and managerial responsibilities. This position includes the staffing and supervision of resident assistants and front desk staff. The RLC assesses, contributes to and oversees the implementation and enhancement of student learning outside the classroom through programmatic opportunities. The RLC provides leadership within their community for student conduct proceedings and student success and student initiatives. Additionally, the RLC engages in and facilitates conversations around equity and inclusion with student staff and peers. This position also involves serving on departmental and university committees and assisting with campus-wide programming efforts.
This is a full-time, live-in position and the incumbent is required to live on premises and have the ability to respond to various resident situations and to attend evening and weekend meetings and activities.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• One or more years of relevant experience
• Master's degree in student personnel or related area
• Experience working with on-campus housing
• Experience with community living, leadership development, programming, and teaching or training
• Skills in selecting, supervising, and training student staff
• Advising student groups
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to interact with a diverse staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with student housing operations
• Good time management skills and the ability to work with interruptions
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Incumbent is required to live on premises and have the ability to respond to various resident situations and to attend evening and weekend meetings and activities.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.42 minimum; Salary offers commensurate with education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 07, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2837067