Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Accountant II (College of Veterinary Medicine)
Department: 3670080012 Vet Med Support Services
Job no: 511365
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 07A
About this Role:
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Senior Accountant II. This position is responsible for interacting with Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (VDL) and Veterinary Health Center (VHC) clients regarding financial issues, managing all accounts receivables, and assisting in development and implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to client billing and collections.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Daily Accounts Receivable Processing:
• Oversees the daily payment input process to include:
• Coding and entering of checks, cash, online credit card payments and credit card payments into laboratory information management system (LIMS) and hospital management system (HMS) as entered by the Accountant II and Interpreter.
• Daily preparation of online credit card payments and remote deposit process for revenue to confirm all systems reconcile at end of day closing.
• Coordinates client account adjustments entered into LIMS and HMS ensuring standard operating procedures are met
• Provides final review on LIMS and HMS daily deposit and daily deposit entry into account application software:
• Ensures LIMS and HMS reconcile with accounting application software at end of day
• Position acts as Customer Service Manager
• Assists in answering the KSVDL and KSVHC Business Office main telephone as well as shared VDL and VHC business email inbox
• Researches and resolves complex account issues and client complaints as they arise
• Provides guidance to staff on routine customer service issues as needed.
Accounts Receivable Collections:
• Oversees the billing records and operations for VDL and VHC clients
• Responsible for monthly generation of client invoices and statements
• Coordinates the distribution of monthly invoices and statements
• Reviews the sorted statements checking for billing errors
• Oversees preparation of 60- and 90-day collection letters
• Sends out no-mail (email/fax) invoices and statements
• Ensures statements are distributed on the day they are generated
• Oversees monthly calls for past due clients
• Places client's services “on hold” when applicable due to delinquent account balances
• Works with professional collection agency for all clients 30 plus days past due ensuring VDL and VHC made all efforts possible to collect from past due clients
Overall Accounts Receivable Management:
• Continually reviews and evaluates accounts receivable and customer service procedures and policies to detect weakness and inadequacies
• Makes recommendations to the Business Manager for efficiency and best practices in collections efforts
• Provide LIMS and HMS system support for business processes including:
• Test application processes to ensure accuracy
• Defines reporting needs and works with LIMS and HMS system administrator on queries to obtain accurate information
• Responsible for managing communications with all international VDL clients, with a majority of these clients being Spanish speaking.
• Responsible for phone and email correspondence
• Coordinates between the labs and the Business Office to ensure correct tests ordered, results sent out properly, as well as handles billing issues as they arise
• Distributes workload to staff and communicates priorities to ensure A/R business matters are executed in a timely manner
• Informs staff of changes in policies, procedures and client data to ensure consistent and accurate accounts receivable operations
• Assists in preparing and maintaining needed reports and financial documents
• Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High School Diploma
• Two years of relevant experience
• Ability to speak foreign languages, specifically Spanish
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or related business field
• One to two years experience in managing accounts and financial reporting
• One to two years experience in managing accounts receivables and client communications
• Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
• Ability to arbitrate and investigate difficulties concerning account issues
• Analytical and customer service skills
• Ability to organize and clearly express information in concise written form
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and representatives of other agencies or departments
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 17.00 - $ 26.35 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 29, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2467501