Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670001060 Internal Auditing
Job no: 510274
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Internal Audit Department is seeking applicants for a Senior Auditor position responsible for performing audits of Kansas State University to ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and efficiency of operations.
Schedule, manage and perform project activities for multiple audit engagements effectively and efficiently and following the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Specific duties include:
• Serve as "lead auditor" and/or "auditor in charge" for other auditors to ensure audit objectives are met. Assign audit tasks to team members and provide appropriate coaching and guidance to ensure timely and accurate completion.
• Mentor and train audit team, perform other special projects and office work as required.
• Develop and implement appropriate audit methodologies including ICQs and audit programs and tests. Determine areas of risk and evaluate their significance with preparing preliminary audit plans and audit programs.
• Coordinate data retrieval and analysis as appropriate to individual audit projects.
• Conduct research on subject matters related to the audit.
• Understand relevant federal, state, and University policies and procedures to assess compliance.
• Document information and conclusions in an organized and useful manner. Ability to not only identify audit issues but also offer recommendations and solutions to the Chief Audit Executive.
• Conduct interviews and meetings with audit clients and stakeholders to elicit useful, relevant, and reliable information.
• Draft or review work summaries and audit reports assuring sufficient clarity and conciseness, grammatical and spelling accuracy. Develop professional audit reports supported by competent evidential data and present observations and make recommendations for improving operations, financial and other records, and strengthening internal controls.
• Deliver informative, clear, and concise presentations to University Managers and senior administrators.
• Provide timely review and feedback, both written and oral, on the work and work papers developed by other team members.
• Provide consulting services to University management and staff.
• Demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and provide office-wide support in one or more audit specialty areas, such as Consulting, IT controls, statistical analysis, data mining, forensic accounting, or other relevant fields of expertise needed to conduct a full-service audit program.
• Consult with managers at all levels of the University to help resolve issues as requested or as identified.
• Develop policy guidelines for management action and financial guidance on issues as needed or requested.
• Perform other related duties in support of the Office of Internal Audit.
Why Join Us:
Do you thrive in an environment where you're doing something different every day? Do you like to learn new things and see how the pieces join together to form the whole picture? Do you like to work solo? If you answered yes to those questions, I encourage you to join the Office of Internal Audit at Kansas State University. As a Senior Auditor, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings of the University and know you're helping to make K-State the best institution it can be! We encourage continuous learning and provide time and opportunities to study for certifications or gain continuing professional education credits. You'll also have an opportunity to become involved in campus trainings, activities and groups, as well as volunteer for our national organization if that's of interest to you. Come be a part of Internal Audit!
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• Two years of auditing experience (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the job may substitute for one year of auditing experience)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Tact and leadership skills to successfully manage multiple on-going audit projects
• Effective verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials
• Effective interpersonal and collaborative skills to exercise proper judgment
• Professional certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Auditing experience at a public research university
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
In order to receive full consideration, you must upload the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 15, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$49,500 to $64,310 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 23, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233732