Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Director for Educational Equity for the Division of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement at Rutgers University – New Brunswick. The position is responsible for developing, leading, and sustaining initiatives aimed at supporting the preparation, retention and graduation of historically underrepresented, low-income and first-generation students, creating and advocating for their participation in high impact practices that will contribute to their long-term success. The Senior Director for Educational Equity will strategically advance a focus on educational equity, promoting attention to research, guiding investment of institutional resources, and developing models for student/community engagement to ensure that all students thrive.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Responsible for the guiding the strategic direction of the federally funded TRiO grant programs, overseeing the Directors of the Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program, the Student Support Services Program, and the Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math-Science Program.
• Ensures that the TRiO grant programs, the Collaborative Center for Community Based Research and Service, and targeted initiatives of the Division are leveraged alongside collaborators within the university to realize the campus commitment to student access, diversity, and inclusion.
• Responsible for implementing national best practices and drawing on emerging research to improve student transition to college, promote persistence and retention, enable timely graduation, and support career exploration to enable employability and post-baccalaureate success.
• Oversees the coordination of services, program plan and implementation, and service delivery for all students who participate in the Ronald E. McNair Program, Student Support Services, Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math-Science as well as, special initiatives during the summer and academic year that target timely degree completion and post-baccalaureate preparation.
• Works collaboratively with other campus-based access programs (i.e. undergraduate school deans, faculty, and advisors) and external (i.e. local and national offices) to increase learning outcomes, supplemental instruction and other support services for the target populations.
• Ensures that all required annual reports for the United States Department of Education are submitted in compliance with all Federal guidelines and implements, communicates, and enforces policies and procedures to complete required financial processes ensuring fiscal accountability.
• Represents the Division by attending appropriate meetings and events, on-and-off campus to advance the mission, goals, objectives, and move initiatives forward.
• Builds relationship with community partners, especially school district leaders, to establish, coordinate, and assist in the facilitation of a pipeline for historically underrepresented students into Rutgers and explores funding opportunities that enable us to partner explicitly on shared goals.
• Assists in the engagement of alum, particularly TRIO affiliates, to serve in a capacity to provide insight, guidance, and advance toward student success.