Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position located in Syracuse, NY.
The project focus is to improve functioning of local county departments of social services while working closely with staff of the project sponsors, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve the goals of safety, permanency, and well-being. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for experienced Caseworkers and Supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide training, consultation, coaching, facilitation and technical assistance through needs assessment, case consultation, and review of case practice.
· Identify and broker resources; develop district specific or regional performance improvement plans.
· Prepare and support implementation of performance improvement action plans.
· Analyze and interpret information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practice.
· Review various curriculums to ensure alignment with State practice model.
· Liaison with University, state and local agencies.
· Preparation of reports.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.