Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Senior Flight Instructor
Department: 3670085547 Salina Dept of Aviation
Job no: 512825
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Aviation / UAT / UAS
Pay Grade: 06B
About This Role:
Kansas State University's Aerospace and Technology Campus in Salina seeks experienced Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs) to join our growing team of aviation flight professionals! Senior Flight Instructors perform flight training of private pilot, instrument pilot, and commercial pilot students, ensuring consistent progress. This position is also responsible for performing introductory flights and assisting with study hall sessions.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University Salina has an award-winning professional pilot program and has more Master Certified Aviation Instructors than any other college or university in the nation. We have a premium fleet of 35 aircraft and flight training devices with a large, active regional airport only steps away from the classroom. Students train for certifications/ratings ranging from solo through commercial on a diverse selection of aircraft starting with Cessna172s before moving on to more complex aircraft including Barons. Since the program is FAR 141 approved, students are allowed to meet the commercial instrument minimum flight hour requirement of 190 hours instead of 250 hours. Within the program's longstanding history at the university, K-State Salina has developed and maintained numerous industry relationships with companies like Flight Safety International, Mesa Airlines, PSA Airlines, Piedmont, and Republic Airlines. These highly valued relationships ensure a level of comfort for the companies with our students, encouraging them to continue to seek out K-State Salina's professional pilots for internships and careers. Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• One year of experience as a Certified Flight Instructor
• Must have a Certified Flight Instructor Certificate upon employment.
• Bachelors degree
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Single-Engine Land
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Multi-Engine Land
• Current Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument Land
• Current FAA Medical Certificate with Second Class Privileges
• FAA Certified Flight Instructor Single-Engine Land and Instrument
• FAA Flight Instructor High Performance Endorsement and Complex Endorsement
• Detailed documentation of training records and strict compliance to Safety Practices and Procedures manual and a safety culture
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Current resume
• Names and contact information for three current, professional references
• Copies of flight certificates required in order to considered
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.77 - 23.00/hr, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 15, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010876