Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
SENIOR MANAGER, CURRICULUM/RESEARCH
FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCE – 152866
University of Illinois Extension
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
One full time position is available.
Location: Urbana-Champaign Campus / Remote work arrangements may be considered
(Position will be housed at the Urbana-Champaign Campus or a remote work arrangement will be established)
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Curriculum/Research, Family and Consumer Science, are as follows:
Strategic Direction and Leadership of Curriculum and Research
· Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports.
· Perform other duties that contribute to University of Illinois Extension programming, as assigned.
· Local, regional, and statewide travel required; personal transportation required.
The Senior Manager, Curriculum/Research is administratively responsible to the Senior Program Lead, SNAP-Ed.
· Master’s degree in human nutrition, community nutrition, adult education, public health or related field from an accredited institution of higher education. At least one degree (BS or MS) must in be nutrition. Candidates with a Master’s degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date.
· At least 3 years of relevant experience with community-based programs.
· Experience leading and managing projects and/or teams.
· Professional experience in nutrition education programming with limited-resource audiences.
· Experience developing curriculum and evaluations using evidence-based practice.
· Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
· Experience assessing existing curriculum and instruction materials for appropriateness of use with limited resource audiences.
· Experience with SNAP Ed or EFNEP programming.
· Experience developing standards and rubric to evaluate evidence-based programming.
· Experience with developing mixed methods community-based research models.
· Experience with implementation science research or methodology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong oral and written communication skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work within a team environment. Understanding of land-grant University Extension and demonstrated ability to work effectively within Extension system is preferred.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
To apply, go to https://go.illinois.edu/152866. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials should be submitted via the online system by the close date of October 25, 2021, however applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
For further information about the position please contact search chair Lisa Merrifield at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance with the online application process, please email email@example.com.