Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Assist land grant faculty and staff seeking external resources including development and dissemination of useful funding-related information through email, publications, and website; and providing guidance to investigators, collaborators, subcontractors, and others regarding proposal requirements. Consult with land grant faculty and staff about strategies on programs and projects that improve their competitive research capacity. Responsible for strategic planning and facilitation of collaborative proposal concepts for multiple investigator proposals using team science strategies. Assist CSU faculty seeking US Department of Agriculture resources, singly or in collaboration, with resource development tasks, which include but are not limited to: Consulting with faculty about strategies on programs and projects that improve their competitive research capacity to obtain USDA funding; Responsible for strategic planning and facilitation of collaborative proposal concepts for multiple investigator proposals using team science strategies; Partnership building and team formation; Analyzing funding announcements; contributing to communications regarding collaborative research funding opportunities and research services/resources, including development and dissemination of useful USDA funding-related information to the Central State research community. As the university’s land grant activities increase, the pre-award infrastructure in the Office of Sponsored Programs must be enhanced to generate competitive applications to NIFA, NIH, FDA, NSF & other agencies engaged in agriculture, food, nutrition related research with interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams including engineering, mathematics, and computer science.
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSP&R) at Central State University is seeking candidates for a Senior Pre-Award Specialist. OSP&R is the central administrative unit charged with providing support to the CSU community in the solicitation, acquisition, and administration of externally funded projects for research, teaching, and service. This position is responsible for assisting with the development, review, and submission of proposals on behalf of the University to federal, state, or private funding agencies.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
· Develop and maintain pre-award subrecipient monitoring materials, including subrecipient commitment forms and other resources for vetting subaward institutions at the pre-award stage.
· Assist the Land Grant researchers and specialists from CSU Extension with needed certifications, institutional and other support letters, preparation of budgets for proposals and coordination with program managers at sponsoring agencies.
· Manage electronic research administration software.
· Strong computer skills to include word processing, web searching, downloading, and reporting, database manipulation, and spreadsheets.
· Solid and proven analytical, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of faculty, staff, and leadership within the organization.