Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Southwest KS EFNEP Nutrition Assistant
Department: 3670035110 Extension Nutrition Progrm
Job no: 511124
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Garden City, Kansas
Categories: Nutrition, Extension Agent / Educator, Family & Consumer Sciences, Food Systems
Pay Grade: 03A
About This Role:
The Extension Nutrition Program, within the College of Health & Human Sciences, is currently seeking a full time Extension Nutrition Assistant. The Extension Nutrition Assistant will provide nutrition education to low-income families with young children as part of the goals and objectives of the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). This position provides nutrition education to enrolled families on a daily basis and tailors the content to suit the needs of each client. The position requires strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively recruit and retain program participants and develop collaborative partnerships with community agencies. The Extension Nutrition Assistant reports to the Southwest Regional Nutrition Instructor.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Administer the 24-hour food recall and food-physical activity questionnaire to newly enrolled families in order to assess dietary behavior and needs
• Plan appropriate learning experiences for enrolled EFNEP families based on approved curriculum and current guidance in order to improve food, nutrition and physical activity knowledge and behaviors
• Submit accurate and timely records and reports on a daily/weekly basis in order to track program activities and participant progress
• Make contact and maintain collaborative relationships with other agencies in order to recruit clients and expand the program
• Encourage low-income families to enroll in EFNEP through various recruiting opportunities such as demonstrations, group presentations, individual contacts and/or distribution of printed materials
• Participate in staff meetings, statewide trainings, annual conferences, workshops and seminars in order to improve nutrition knowledge, teaching methodology and record keeping skills
This position will serve multiple communities in Southwest Kansas, including the following counties: Barber, Clark, Comanche, Edwards, Finney, Ford, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Kiowa, Meade, Morton, Pawnee, Pratt, Scott, Seward, Stafford, Stanton, Stevens, and Wichita. Primary office location will be in Garden City, KS. Regular travel to various sites within Southwest is required, along with occasional overnight travel for trainings (approximately 3-4 times per year).
Why Join Us:
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program is a nutrition education program provided at no cost to Kansas families and caregivers of young children with limited resources. EFNEP uses education to support participants' efforts toward self-sufficiency, nutritional health and well-being. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) administers EFNEP through land-grant universities' cooperative extension programs.
For more information about EFNEP please go to: https://nifa.usda.gov/program/expanded-food-and-nutrition-education-program-efnep
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• Education and/or related experience in Human Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences, or closely related field
• Demonstrated ability to work with economically disadvantaged populations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of basic principles of food preparation, nutrition and food safety
• Ability to plan and prepare nutritious family meals
• Experience inputting data and keeping records and reports as required by Federal program guidelines
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of vehicle insurance
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until July 29, 2021.
Interviews will take place on August 27, 2021
For more information, please contact Bertha Mendoza at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 19, 2021
Application Closes: Jul 29, 2021
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2380673