Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Specialized Learning/Tutorial Program Post Grad Intern (K-State Athletics)
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 511031
Employment type: Internship
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a Specialized Learning/Tutorial Program Post Graduate Intern, which is a temporary, full-time, benefits-eligible position for up to 24 months.
An example of job responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
• Assist with mentoring and provision of academic support services to student-athletes designated as having educational impacting disorders and/or specific, specialized academic needs; assist with advising, evaluating and monitoring academic plans for students; assist with development and evaluation of study strategies/individualized learning strategies; remain current and ensure compliance with all applicable University, Big 12 Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations, as well as, FERPA and ADA requirements
• Assist with scheduling of and communication with tutors and academic mentors through Teamworks Academics; other projects as assigned by the full-time staff as it relates to the SAS tutorial program including but not limited to tutor training, payroll, training and education. Serve as a specialized learning secondary contact for athletics teams as assigned.
• Assist as needed with Student Access Center mandated services and accommodations, including but not limited to assisting with determination and coordination of testing, administration and interpretation; assist with intake interview and/or review of previous testing records; assist with referrals for student-athletes; assist in collection, evaluation, and interpretation of ADHD documentation as it relates to NCAA requirements
• Assist with various staff and student-athlete training sessions (i.e. GA Bootcamp, Summer Bridge program, New SA Orientations, etc.); assist with SA Development/SAAC events where needed; participate in professional development opportunities where applicable; assist with at least one night a week of study hall supervision
Why Join Us:
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree at time of application in higher education, special education or related field.
• Minimum one to two years experience in student-athlete services/athletics academic services
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Working knowledge of NCAA eligibility bylaws
• Experience in working with at-risk student-athlete populations, academic interventions, teaching learning strategies
• Experience in working in secondary or post-secondary education as a teacher or paraprofessional or
• Two or more years experience advising NCAA Division I student-athletes in academic support services
• Master's Degree in higher education, special education or related field
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter describing your qualifications for the position
• Resume which must contain three professional references with contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Salary Range/Pay Rate:
$ 10.00 per hour (approximately $20,800 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) in the first year; potential to earn $12.50 (approximately $26,000 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) after completion of first year with a successful review and budget approval. Paid biweekly (26 pay periods).
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 06, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2352815