Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
State 4-H Youth Development Program Leader
Department: 3670010280 4-H Youth Development
Job no: 512934
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Executive / Director / Management, 4-H Youth Development, Child Development, Community Development / Community Vitality
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Kansas State University is a land grant university composed of ten colleges, the Graduate School, K-State Research and Extension, and Global Campus. 4-H Youth Development is a department within K-State Research and Extension. The on-campus unit consists of the Program Leader and eight 4-H youth development campus and area-based professional faculty/staff. Approximately 220 Extension agents in local units are devoted to the work of 4-H Youth Development, of which 35 have full time 4-H youth development programming responsibility. Kansas State University's 4-H Youth Development program serves a reported 50,000 youth annually through a traditionally strong community club, school enrichment, after-school, military, and other special interest programs and activities.
• Provides strong management and leadership for the development, delivery, and evaluation of Kansas State Research and Extension 4-H program, ensure that program is grounded in current research, and aligned with USDA and Kansas State University priorities.
• Provides leadership, management, guidance, coordination, and communication with the state-wide Extension and volunteer network with purpose to ensure positive 4-H youth development program delivery.
• Works closely with Extension administrative leadership in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community Vitality, and Family and Consumer Sciences to build strategic partnerships and develop research based programs designed to improve the quality of life of Kansans.
• Partners with the Director of Extension, the Extension administrative team, and local Extension Boards, to gain an understanding of local programs, needs, and resources.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with campus departments, other educational institutions, and private and public agencies and organizations at the state and national levels to advance Kansas State University youth development priorities; and leads K-State Research and Extension's 4-H efforts in the wider context of 4-H programming at the national level, including collaboration and communication with other 4-H professionals throughout the land-grant university system.
• Coordinates and supervises departmental faculty and support staff. Manages the department budget and assists in initiating, encouraging, and coordinating activities to secure additional funds through grants, contracts, and fees to support and expand programs in youth development.
• Maintains and builds upon a working relationship with the President of the Kansas 4-H Foundation and its Board of Trustees to provide guidance to the 4-H Foundation to ensure fundraising efforts are appropriately aligned with programmatic needs. This position serves as a consulting trustee to the Kansas 4-H Foundation.
• Creates an environment that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
• Coordinates and communicates the 4-H youth development accountability reporting to USDA.
ACADEMIC RANK: This position will be either a regular appointment or a tenured appointment. Applicants eligible for tenure should designate in cover letter desire to request academic tenure and desired academic discipline for the tenure home. Rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Why Join Us:
In 4‑H, we believe in the power of young people. We see that every child has valuable strengths and real influence to improve the world around us. We are America's largest youth development organization —empowering nearly six million young people across the U.S. and over 74,000 youth in Kansas with the skills to lead for a lifetime. For more information about us, please visit http://www.kansas4-h.org/ (http://www.kansas4-h.org/)
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's degree and 5 years of related experience to the mission of Cooperative Extension and positive youth development.
• Experience working with local county/district 4H management, including volunteers and local leadership.
• Evidence and Experience in leadership and development, delivery, and evaluation of youth development programs. An academic record of scholarly accomplishment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of 4-H projects and deliver of 4-H educational values and content.
• A vision of future extension needs and the ability to communicate with information users on these matters, including demonstrated knowledge on innovative use of emerging digital technologies as educational tools.
• Commitment to expanding and fostering diversity in program reach for positive 4-H youth development.
• Outstanding performance record in previous employment and demonstrated commitment to extension philosophy and mission.
• Competency in fiscal, budgetary, and personnel management, including affirmation action and work for diversity.
• Earned doctorate.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of interest, identifying your strengths commensurate to this position
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Names and contact information for three professional references
• Applicants eligible for tenure should designate in cover letter desire to request academic tenure and desired academic discipline for the tenure home. Rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Gregg Hadley, 1612 Claflin Rd, Manhattan, KS 66506, 785-532-5838, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by June 5, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Commensurate with education, training and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3038064