Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Master’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Six (6) years of full time progressively responsible experience in strategic planning. Experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives and managing complex projects and budgets. Senior-level operational experience in a comparably complex setting.
Knowledge of academic institutions. Experience at senior administrative level or academic leadership experience.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Vice President for Strategic Initiatives should be an individual with exceptional analytical, administrative and financial skills who can serve as a key contributor to the senior leadership team at the University. The incumbent must work at the highest levels of integrity, honesty, and openness, and create strong collaborative relationships with key leaders across the University. The Vice President should be an inclusive leader who weighs decisions thoughtfully and involves others in the decision-making process as appropriate. They must be a consensus builder who has the ability to facilitate change and engage the University in difficult and challenging decisions. The incumbent must be nimble and entrepreneurial and able to adjust to changing environments. The VP for Strategic Initiatives reports to the President and provides leadership in identifying institutional priorities. They develop and advise on short and long term institutional planning and provide information and research to support decision making and strategic planning.
• Provides advice to the President on a range of long-term policy and strategic initiatives, collaborating with University leaders as appropriate.
• Interacts with University Council, Faculty and Staff, in order to seek information and communicate about processes and decisions which impact the University planning process.
• Leads cross-functional initiatives across campus.
• Prepares policy and decision support analysis to inform and contextualize institutional decision making.
• Provides facilitation and leadership of institutional planning and policy development on issues which cross institutional functions and organizations.
• Advises the President and leads new initiatives based on research about students, faculty and staff, and other activities to support institutional assessment.
• Assesses and analyzes new opportunities for alignment with institutional priorities.
• Working closely with University financial and administrative offices, ensures that multi-year financial planning models, resource and cost distribution policies and budget assumptions are developed and vetted appropriately with campus leadership.
• Provides financial planning to assist in the identification and allocation of resources required to achieve strategic goals.
• Works with campus leadership to develop strategic initiatives and projects for the University.
• Oversees special projects at the discretion of the President.
• Works closely with the Provost and academic units, and the Vice President for Educational and Institutional Effectiveness to implement enrollment strategy and planning.
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a Management Confidential position. This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such may be required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are canceled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH ONLY APPLIES TO POSITIONS THAT MAY COME IN CONTACT WITH PATIENTS OR PATIENT CARE EMPLOYEES.
In accordance with federal and state regulations that all hospitals and nursing homes require personnel to be vaccinated against COVID-19, candidates who are not already fully vaccinated must obtain the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of a conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer’s protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of a job offer or in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer’s protocol, whichever comes later.
The state regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulations allow for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/oea/.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/police/.
Visit ourhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2300664Official Job Title: Vice PresidentJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Strategic InitiativesSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Mar 13, 2023Posting End Date: Apr 13, 2023, 3:59:00 AMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:MP2SBU Area:Stony Brook University
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4007905
Join the Conversation