Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Architect (College of Veterinary Medicine)
Department: 3670080012 Vet Med Support Services
Job no: 510998
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 12A
About This Role:
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Technical Architect. This position is responsible for the software development team within the Computing and Technical Support (CaTS) unit. Additional duties include installation, upgrades and day-to-day administration of databases and systems used to support the CVM.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Development, maintenance, and Day-to-Day Administration:
• Oversee staff/students responsible for providing application support to the college employees
• Coordinate schedules and distribute application requests appropriately among support personnel
• Support desktop, web and mobile applications
• Administer procedures and standards for developed applications and databases
• Oversee application and database software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced and tested
• Create and maintain documentation for supporting applications
• Responsible for disaster recovery plans, data integrity and security of supported applications and databases
• Responsible for database installation, configuration, maintenance, cloning, backup, and recovery
• Produce database capacity plans to be monitored and administered by Network Operations
• Databases environments may include but are not limited to Oracle, postgresql, sql server and mysql
• Oversee and support Laboratory Information Management system with integration and application functionality augmentation
• Oversee and support the development and implementation of online-based learning modules
• Monitor feedback on all development projects to enhance content and ease of use
Support and implementation of IT initiatives:
• Assist Director of IT to create, implement, maintain and upgrade other IT projects which further the mission of the CVM
• Maintain and expand relationships with IT professionals at other labs and related government entities around the country
• Provide advice and expertise in the choice and design of future IT solutions
• Identify continuing education opportunities for staff
• Manager works in conjunction with the Director of IT and other members of the Leadership Team on special projects as assigned. These projects require a high degree of proficiency and in-depth University knowledge and involve developing plans and implementing changes with the goal of increasing efficiency and/or effectiveness of IT operations within the college.
Policy Review and Development:
• Manager participates as a member of the Leadership Team to review and enhance IT operations and functions. Manager is expected to work with administrators on decisions that may impact college level policies, procedures and/or resources.
• Manager must promptly address concerns that arise in any aspect of the development operations. Situations may arise at any time in any area of the CVM and may involve any number of issues that impact Computing and Technical Support. He/she develops resolutions to support faculty, students and staff while complying with appropriate policies and procedures. The Development Manager must make sound choices to resolve issues immediately.
• Manager continually provides guidance to staff on routine issues and/or on problematic situations. He/she reviews work as needed to ensure accuracy and uniformity and delegates tasks or projects to staff as needed in order to make processes as efficient as possible while complying with internal controls. He/she relies on critical thinking and experience for conflict management as it applies to University processes or issues. This person is expected to promote a team environment and project superior leadership traits.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related area (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager)
• 5 years of experience in software or web/mobile development
• Master's Degree in related field
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Experience in multiple relational database systems, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), demonstrated experience using business intelligence tools for data analysis and reporting, knowledge of Linux, Oracle, Windows, Microsoft products, C# or Java Script, SQL, or other programming methods to facilitate use of information management systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 66,749 - $ 85,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 06, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2352773