Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The University of Mississippi
Assistant Director of Assessment
The University of Mississippi seeks an Assistant Director, Assessment to provide leadership and expertise in designing and implementing assessment initiatives, to support assessment of general education, to facilitate faculty development programs to advance the assessment of teaching and learning, and to promote the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion that lies at the heart of our university. This position is part of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, & Planning and reports directly to the Associate Director of Institutional Effectiveness.
Examples of work to be performed and essential functions include:
- Provides leadership in designing and implementing assessment initiatives.
- Coordinates institutional effectiveness activities related to the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and general education including survey administration, data analysis, and use of assessment results.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, including assessment results and relevant data, to support the General Education Committee and QEP Advisory Board strategic and operational planning and decision-making.
- Assists faculty, programs, and departments with developing appropriate outcomes and selecting assessment techniques and tools for general education.
- Advocates for assessment work as an important tool to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at the university.
- Generates, analyzes, and disseminates evaluation and research findings for assigned projects in curriculum, evaluation, learning outcomes assessment, the QEP, and general education.
- Facilitates faculty development programs on effective assessment strategies and the assessment of teaching and learning with the goal of promoting inclusive teaching practices.
- Prepares, interprets, and communicates complex statistical information to diverse audiences verbally and graphically via multiple media platforms.
- Provides leadership in the area of institutional effectiveness by conducting workshops, making presentations, and serving as a consultant to departments in their assessment work.
- Prepares, interprets, and communicates assessment findings to advance inclusive teaching and learning practices.
Join the Conversation