Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Support Specialist
Department: 3670010060 Entomology
Job no: 512691
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Human Resources, Office / Clerical, Research / Scientific / Grants, Horticulture, Entomology, Extension Agent / Educator, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The Departments of Entomology, Horticulture & Natural Resources, and Plant Pathology invite applicants for a full-time benefits-eligible position in support of Extension programming related to pest management in horticulture and community settings. Specifically, this position will be responsible for coordinating grant-driven deliverables for the multi-disciplinary Integrated Pest Management team. Skills related to communication and instructional design will assist the development and delivery of Extension program objectives related to commercial- and consumer horticulture IPM, pesticide applicator training, and youth programming to increase IPM awareness. This position is full time, 40 hours/week, non-tenure track position based in Manhattan, KS or could work remotely from another location in Kansas.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High School Diploma and 3 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including technical writing and interpersonal communication.
• Individual must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and must be able to work on projects independently.
• Strong proofreading skills are necessary. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Leadership Skills as evidenced by working with individuals, groups or co-workers to set priorities, set and meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing environments.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, videoconferencing, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Graphic design, Communications, or similar field.
• Experience in Horticulture or related discipline is desired.
• Experience with Extension and/or public outreach is preferred.
• Experience with program evaluation and impact reporting.
• Experience with digital media tools and software: CanvaPro, Zoom, Qualtrics, MediaSite, website content management systems
• Experience with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Valid driver's license as the position may require travel to be able to help with meetings.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
Applicants must submit a resume, transcripts, names and contact information of 3 references, and one example of a developed curriculum (Powerpoint, newsletter, a flyer, etc.). Please send to: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/. For further information regarding the position, please contact Frannie Miller (mailto:email@example.com). Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on April 18, 2022 and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3065658