Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The University at Buffalo, School of Management is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Communications. The Assistant Director of Communications reports to the Associate Director of Communications and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of communications, public relations and media relations for the School of Management in local, regional and national markets.
The incumbent will:
• Work with the communications team help develop and implement strategies to use in print, Web, and new and emerging media to enhance the school’s reputation, attract and retain students and faculty, nationally and internationally, encourage donors to support the school, and engage alumni and community at large.
• Write timely, top-level, high-use content, such as features for our alumni magazine, home page spotlights, alumni close-ups, newsletters, and faculty research in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
• Must have the ability to distill highly technical faculty research into articles that can be presented to internal and external stakeholders and mainstream media in a concise, easy-to-understand prose.
• Write, curate, and edit web content and assist other departments within the school in doing so. Candidate will work regularly with UB’s web content management system and other new and emerging media. Assist with web analytics and search engine optimization to help make strategic and operational recommendations.
• Ensure consistency of message, design, and navigation throughout the website, in print materials, and among new media channels, as well as adherence to UB and School of Management graphic and brand standards.
• Assist in publicizing School of Management events and accomplishments via news releases, media calendars, and through other relevant medial.
• Provide general assistance to the communications team and various departments in the school in proofreading, research, correspondence, etc.
• Assist with media tracking and other metrics, as well as curating class note submission for magazine.
• Assist in daily tasks and special projects as needed.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo at http://www.buffalo.edu.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, journalism, marketing or other relevant areas.
• Two years of related full-time experience in writing, editing, marketing and/or public relations.
• Technical experience working with Web content management systems, databases, spreadsheets, word processing and image programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
• Requires strong time/project management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Collaborative team player and possess a high level of tact and diplomacy.
• Master’s degree in communications, business, journalism, marketing or other relevant areas.
• Photography and videography capture/editing skills a strong plus.
Salary Range: $51,000 – $55,000
To learn more and apply, visit: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/41312
Join the Conversation