Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
Dean/Director, School of Agriculture, Fisheries and Human Sciences
Summary of Job Duties:
- Supervises department chairs and other administrative and management personnel in the Evans-Allen Research, Cooperative Extension, and International Programs;
- Functions as the designated signatory on Evans-Allen and Cooperative Extension formula funds and the 1890 Facilities Program funds;
- Maintains budget management authority and is the Dean/Director designated budget officer for administrative budgets within the School;
- Implement s program accountability and fiscal oversight procedures that result in adherence to university, state, and federal expenditure policies and procedures;
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures within the SAFI-IS that ensures compliance with campus, university, state, and federal administrative guidelines;
- Functions as a member of the UAPB Deans’ Council, the Association of 1890 Research Directors, and the Association of 1890 Extension Administrators;
- Maintains positive working relationships with appropriate campus and university administrators, state and federal agencies, and various stakeholder groups;
- Coordinates the development of and implementation of the school’s vision and goals;
- Provides oversight for the unit’s fiscal, human, and physical resources;
- Coordinates the professional development of unit administrators, faculty, staff, and students;
- Implements new and emerging technologies impacting distance education, agriculture, human sciences, fisheries, and extension programs;
- Possesses a personal and professional commitment to diversity;
- Provides leadership for development campaigns and a commitment to active participation in university advancement efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.