Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Academic Coordinator for Student-Athlete Support Services
Division/College: Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $46,072 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Academic Coordinator for Student-Athlete Support Services provides support and education to elevate students’ learning experience at the University of Idaho (U of I). The Academic Coordinator fosters student success by building positive and professional student relationships and implementing proactive strategies that help students fulfill their educational goals.
This position provides academic services for student-athletes through the Student-Athlete Support Services (SASS) unit within Vandal Success. Duties include, but are not limited to: academic counseling, academic coaching of student-athletes that present academic risk factors, assisting with course registration and monitoring NCAA Progress Towards Degree, serving as the Tutoring Liaison and assisting with orientation for new student-athletes. This position maintains close liaison with U of I athletic administrators, coaching staffs, faculty, and campus academic support areas.
This position reports to the Associate Director of SASS.
• Bachelor’s degree
• One year of demonstrated experience in academic support at the post-secondary level or related field.
• Experience using organizational and planning skills providing attention to detail.
• Experience using current business software used for word processing, data spreadsheet, calendar and email management.
• Experience in providing academic support to student-athletes
• Experience interacting successfully with student-athletes, faculty, and coaching staffs.
• Master’s degree preferably in Counseling, Education, Athletic Administration, or other related area.
• Experience in an academic support unit for student-athletes, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines.
• N4A membership.
• Ability to work successfully with a diverse group of people, including student-athletes, faculty, coaching staffs, and administrators.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003976P
Posting Date: 06/12/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is posted as open until filled, however, applications submitted on or before June 26, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Please use your letter of qualification to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification, please visit the HR website here: https://www.uidaho.edu/human-resources/careers/applicant-resources
If you would like to view a full copy of the job description, please reach out to the search coordinator at: email@example.com
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4286228
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.