Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
International Scholar Advisor
Division/College: Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $46,072 annually or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the supervision and administrative direction of the Director of International Services, the International Services Advisor is primarily responsible for managing the immigration advising and support services for UI’s international J-1 students, scholars and their dependents, a population of approximately 200. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of federal immigration regulations for J-1 and F-1 visa holders and operates with a high degree of sensitivity to cultural and linguistic diversity.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience delivering student-centered customer service
• Experience presenting information to individuals, small, and large groups
• Experience compiling and analyzing information for leadership/administrative decisions
• Experience interpreting and applying standards and regulations
• Master’s degree in related field
• 2 years of related work experience
• Experience advising international exchange visitors and students on immigration regulations
• Experience researching & organizing information and generating reports
• Experience creating and presenting workshops to small and large groups
• Experience designing and conducting training programs
• Experience with sponsored student programs (i.e. SACM, IIE, IREX, etc.)
• Experience as a DSO and/or ARO
• Experience advising international students
• Experience working with linguistically diverse students
• Experience working in higher education
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask
• Knowledge of federal immigration regulations (specifically F-1 and J-1 student and scholar visa regulations)
• Knowledge of working with UI systems (e.g. Banner, Sunapsis)
• Ability to operate with autonomy and use independent judgment
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• High level of computer proficiency (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.)
• International experience and/or fluency in a second language
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003986P
Posting Date: 06/16/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is posted as open until filled, however, applications submitted on or before July 5, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Please use your letter of qualification to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification, please visit the HR website here: https://www.uidaho.edu/human-resources/careers/applicant-resources
If you would like to view a full copy of the job description, please reach out to the search coordinator at:email@example.com
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4298558
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.