Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
University of Idaho
Psychologist, Coordinator of Mental Health Services for Student Athletes
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $85,000 annually or higher commensurate with experience
The University of Idaho Counseling and Mental Health Center (CMHC) is searching for a Psychologist with rank of Clinical Assistant Professor, who will provide clinical services to student athletes and coordinate outreach and consultative services informed by evidence-based practices and guidelines outlined by the NCAA. This position will be largely embedded within the athletics department in order to provide accessible mental health services to student athletes. In addition, the psychologist will provide consultation to coaches, administrators, athletic trainers and sports medicine professionals on mental health topics with an emphasis on sport psychology. The psychologist will also coordinate the development and delivery of psycho-educational programming on a broad range of mental health topics relevant to student athletes.
The successful candidate will join the CMHC’s multidisciplinary team, report to the Executive Director of the CMHC and contribute in substantive ways to our center’s mission and values. We are searching for well-qualified candidates who show support and commitment to our institutional and departmental mission, values, and goals. This is a full-time, 12-month, board appointed position with the rank of assistant professor. The psychologist will spend the majority of their time providing direct service activities, including initial appointments, crisis intervention, individual counseling and case management activities related to their caseload with student athletes. In addition, the psychologist will work on-site at the CMHC on some days and actively participate in the center’s work as a clinical faculty member.
• Completed PhD. or PsyD in counseling/clinical psychology from an APA accredited program
• Eligibility for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Idaho
• Experience in providing clinical services to an adult population
• Experience in providing culturally competent services to a diverse client population
• Experience consistently meeting workplace expectations
• Experience providing risk assessment, crisis interventions and brief counseling
• Certification through the association for Applied Sports Psychology
• Experience with the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders
• Experience providing counseling or other psychological services in a language other than English
• Experience working in a college or university counseling center
• Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Licensure as a psychologist in current state of residence
• Record of scholarly activity (e.g., professional presentations, research, publications)
• Current licensure as a psychologist in the state of Idaho
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001185P
Posting Date: 10/23/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
For first consideration please submit all application materials by November 20, 2023
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4725463
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.