Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Transfer & Enrollment Services Specialist
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.15 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for providing efficient and effective services and information to students, staff, and faculty. The incumbent is expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of University of Idaho academic rules, regulations, and policy.
The Transfer and Enrollment Services Specialist is responsible for the review, evaluation, equation, and processing of transfer credit for new, continuing, and returning students. This position provides technical assistance and serves as a resource for students, staff, and faculty in determining appropriate interpretation and application of University policies and procedures as they relate to transfer credit, the academic record, the degree audit, by entering registration requests, and updating and maintaining accurate student record information. This position works with other Registrar Office staff to ensure excellent service in registration and academic record service for the University community.
• Customer service experience
• Experience handling a variety of projects simultaneously that require a high degree of attention to administrative details
• Experience researching, interpreting, and applying policies and procedures
• Associate’s degree – Experience in Registrar’s Office or Higher education
• Experience with Banner
• Experience with imaging software
• Experience with transfer student populations – Demonstrated experience handling confidential information
• Demonstrated experience interpreting, explaining, and applying complex regulations such as FERPA and academic regulations
• Strong knowledge of general office policies and procedures
• Ability to think clearly under pressure
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Ability to handle difficult interpersonal situations with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
• Ability to systematically research a variety of sources to collect requested information.
• Ability to provide accurate and timely information and handle complex problems courteously and efficiently
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
• Ability to work in a repetitive, detail oriented environment
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003634P
Posting Date: 10/10/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received on or before February 19, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Please use your letter of qualification to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification, please visit the HR website here: https://www.uidaho.edu/human-resources/careers/applicant-resources
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3863888
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Join the Conversation