Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Sponsored Programs Administrator II
Location: Off Campus Location – remote work option available
Division/College: University Research
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $51,500 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position facilitates the compliant submission of proposals for external funding by the University of Idaho. University faculty and staff create proposals to outside agencies to fund research, instruction, and other service projects through the university. This position is responsible for providing leadership for research administration and sponsored programs, supporting the research, creative, and scholarly endeavors of the university faculty, staff, and students. The position focuses on ensuring the responsible stewardship of external sponsored funding; overseeing the submission of mid to large-scale proposals by reviewing those proposals to ensure compliance with federal, state, university and sponsor regulations and guidelines; and mitigating risk by training other positions and staff, faculty, and students in this area.
Duties may include:
• Serve as a liaison to sponsor contacts on proposal-related administrative questions and issues
• Provide assistance, interpretation and guidance to principal investigators (PIs) and other university employees to mitigate risk and maintain compliance
• Collect and review required proposal documents, including mid- and large-scale proposals
• Conduct research and analysis of new and existing agency requirements; recommend changes to university processes and policies as needed for compliance
• Develop, deliver and participate in workshops and seminars
• Maintain records and contribute to metrics data
• Organize, prioritize, and plan own workload to meet deadlines
• Simultaneously handle a variety of proposals that require a high degree of attention
• Coordinate proposal approvals for submission
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two years in a sponsored programs-related support position with a primary responsibility of reviewing proposals against submission requirements
• Using spreadsheet software to compile, summarize and analyze financial data
• Editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials
• Independently managing projects that involve multiple stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Research Administrator or Certified Financial Research Administrator
• Three or more years of experience in a sponsored programs-related support position (either pre- or post-award) related to applying project budgeting guidelines and procedures, preferably at an institution of higher education, non-profit or federal entity
• Experience serving as a liaison between internal and external entities and individuals to coordinate activities and resolve issues
• Experience with sponsor electronic proposal submission systems (such as research.gov, Grants.gov, NSPIRES, eRACommons, ASSIST)
• Experience working in a customer service-oriented team environment to accomplish shared goals
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003815P
Posting Date: 02/24/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Please address all of the minimum requirements in the https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIdaho-Responsive/Files/human-resources/careers/letter-of-qualification-template.docx?la=en&hash=BB7E0EE86C9FC9D4B8C524A2A45A8FDBC9D2EA01. Preferential review of applications will begin on March 13, 2023.
This position may be remote, depending on final candidate.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4030816
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Join the Conversation