The University of Kentucky School of Human Environmental Sciences is seeking an Assistant/Associate Extension Professor Community and Family Health to provide statewide leadership in the areas of community and family health with an emphasis on health equity. This is a twelve-month, Extension Title Series, tenure-eligible position at the University of Kentucky with appointment in the School of Human Environmental Sciences at the assistant or associate rank. The anticipated distribution of effort is 95% Extension and 5% Service. The distribution of effort is reviewed annually and may include teaching effort in the future.
· Provide leadership in planning, delivering, and evaluating research-based community and family health Extension programming.
· Develop educational materials, develop and conduct in-service training for county agents, and collaborate with resident faculty and other Extension specialists, county agents, and state-wide stakeholders to address the health-related needs of diverse families.
· Implement applied research relative to the needs of Kentucky families and publish findings in refereed journals.
· Establish and maintain a strong, extramurally funded Extension programming that enhances the lives of Kentucky families.
· Participate in departmental and collegiate governance and professional organizations.
This position contributes toward the strategic plan goal of producing “innovative solutions through multidisciplinary collaborations.”
This position is expected to support family health interventions, boost community engagement around health issues, support UK Engage, and enhance traditional Extension education efforts with public health strategies through campus and community partnerships.
Application must be submitted online at the University of Kentucky website: https://ukjobs.uky.edu/
. Application additionally requires a cover letter of application including a combined statement of Extension applied research interested and vision for their program with assessment strategies at the University of Kentucky (limit six pages – upload under cover letter), a curriculum vita (with hyperlinks to available materials as appropriate), a statement of teaching philosophy (upload under Specific Request #1), and the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application.
Employment at UK is subject to fund availability and comes with diverse rewards, focusing on your total wellbeing and career development, with leadership striving to provide a strong work-life integration. The university generously contributes to employees’ retirement plans, medical coverage, and life insurance. In addition, UK offers optional benefits such as dental and vision insurance, additional retirement plans and much more. To learn more about these benefits, please visit: www.uky.edu/HR/benefits.
The search committee will begin reviewing materials May 1st, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date by September 1st, 2023.
Join the Conversation