Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Kentucky
College of Engineering
Posted: 2023-11-10 21:42:39
Senior Research Engineer/UK IDEA
is seeking a Senior Research Engineer to support the DAC
Hub for Appalachian Prosperity project. The Senior Research Engineer will ensure the project milestones and requirements are met including reporting, deliverables, and success criteria.
Duties and responsibilities as project manager will include but may not be limited to:
- Participate in the DAC Hub concept definition and finalization including regeneration site finalization, distributed site selection, transportation method determination ensuring that process objectives and requirements are met.
- Prepare PFD for the UK DAC process.
- Review the P&ID documents provided by external project partners.
- Perform UK-side management of life cycle analysis, safety security and regulatory requirements, environmental health and safety assessment.
- Participate in the pre-FEED study including sizing equipment, assessing infrastructure, identifying balance of plant unit ops, cost estimation, risk assessment, future development assessments.
- Assist PI on resource planning and execution.
Duties and responsibilities as lead author will include:
- Works with PI to meet all project reporting requirements: monthly, quarterly, final, topical reports, testing and operating plans, technology maturation plans, technology gap analyses, and presentations if applicable.
- Primary author on at least one submitted peer-reviewed journal paper.
- Provides monthly reports and presentations.
- Performs data reduction, in-depth analysis, and data interpretation.
- Presents project-related papers and work at conferences.
Additionally, the Senior Research Engineer must continually be safety conscious, self-motivated, reliable and able to multiple locations. It is vital that this position collaborates with fellow technicians and researchers and have the ability to work both independently and with a team. Because of compelling public safety requirements, this position may require pre-employment drug screening and follow-up random drug and alcohol screenings.