Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
University of Kentucky
UK Innovation Connect Manager
UK Innovate is seeking a UK Innovation Connect Manager, to coordinate its innovation-based economic development initiatives and its UK Innovation Connect program for industry research and innovation partnering dedicated specifically to the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment (CAFE). Reporting to the Executive Director for UK Innovation Connect, this position will be responsible for:
- Executing industry research partnering efforts for the UK CAFE, as a part of UK Innovate, the new innovation and entrepreneurship umbrella within University of Kentucky Research.
- Coordinating with local community, state, and industry, as well as relevant CAFE departments, to leverage and catalyze the innovation and research strengths and capabilities of UK CAFE.
- Interacting with industry and related organizations to facilitate partnering opportunities with UK CAFE’s world-class research.
- Building long-term and productive relationships with industry, including specific focus on partners and programs aligned with economic development missions and priority industries of the state.
- Coordinating with UK’s Sponsored Programs Office, UK Legal, UK OTC, and other relevant units to develop, manage and streamline partnering frameworks, pricing structures, and agreements that enhance partnering opportunities for collaborative and community engaged research projects for CAFE.
- Shepherding and guiding CAFE researchers and potential partners, as well as advising the UK Innovation Connect Executive Director, on economic development program and project opportunities that build value for CAFE and UK Research, including building programs to support increased participation in collaborations with small businesses through SBIR and STTR.
- Coordinating the building of new research consortia and community engagement opportunities that align with UK CAFE’s research strengths, state economic development missions and priority industries.
- Coordinating closely with and supporting UK Innovate in conducting frequent education for CAFE faculty, staff and students related to industry partnering best practices, innovative approaches to effectuate industry research collaborations, and to share related successes.
Join the Conversation