Educational Program Associate I
Greene County – Springfield, Missouri
The University of Missouri (MU) Office of Extension and Engagement’s distinct land-grant mission is to improve lives, communities and economies by producing relevant, reliable and responsive educational strategies throughout Missouri. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff collaborate with researchers and community leaders to develop and deliver programs that address the needs of Missourians including: educational attainment; environmental concerns; community, economic, business and workforce development; global food systems; and health systems. For more information about MU Extension and Engagement, please visit https://extension2.missouri.edu/
The University of Missouri Extension 4-H Center for Youth Development provides leadership and expertise with developing communities of young people across Missouri who are learning citizenship, leadership, and life skills. 4-H is publicly supported by county, state, and federal partners, as well as private resources to enrich the learning experiences of both youth and adults. For more information about 4-H, visit http://4h.missouri.edu
This position will assist in the planning, management and support of 4-H Youth Development programs in assigned geographic area, under the guidance and supervision of the 4-H Youth Development Specialist.
- Advocate for positive youth development in the community and MU Extension.
- Participate in planning, marketing, implementing and evaluating of 4-H youth development programs in coordination with the Greene County Juvenile Office.
- Assist in the implementation of a total volunteer management system.
- Assist in teaching youth development and selected subject matter. Lead group classes, and provide 4-H education courses at the Greene County Juvenile Office that may earn credits through the Springfield Public School System.
- Assist in the management of financial and in-kind resources.
- Coordinate and/or conduct educational events, contests, camps, and programs utilizing a positive youth development approach.
- Report accomplishments and impacts to appropriate sources including supervisor, funders and stakeholders.
- Assist with record keeping and report preparation of 4-H Youth Development Programs.
- Ensure that all the youth and adults in the county have an equal opportunity to participate in extension programs.
LEADERSHIP RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities for continued in knowledge, skills and abilities as it is related to the 4-H Youth Development program
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the Civil Rights Acts, Title IX, Rehabilitation, Americans with Disabilities Act and local, state and region affirmative action plans.
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities may be expected in order to support the mission and purpose of MU Extension.
Administrative supervision is received from 4-H Field Specialist. No supervision is exercised.
CORE ATTRIBUTES FOR MU EXTENSION STAFF
- Exhibit a high personal standard of excellence, be an effective team player, and demonstrate inclusivity, civility and respect for all.
- Engage stakeholders and learners; maintain positive interpersonal relationships, and exhibit effective written and oral communication skills.
- Operate with minimal guidance, and be a self-directed learner who is flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
- Ensure all youth and adults in the county have an equal opportunity to participate in extension programs which offer a safe environment.
The University of Missouri, also known as Mizzou and MU, is the Flagship University of the four-campus University of Missouri system.¿ It is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States.¿ MU’s broad undergraduate programs and its’ graduate, professional and research programs attract annual enrollment of more than 30,000 students.¿ MU is centrally located in Columbia, MO, which is consistently ranked as one of America’s most livable cities.¿ MU Extension and Engagement programs are located on all four campuses and in 114 counties and St. Louis city.