Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of New Hampshire
Education Center Volunteer Program Manager
The Education Center Volunteer Program Manager, located at UNH Extension’s Education Center at the Hillsborough County Office in Goffstown, N.H., recruits, coordinates training, and manages volunteers who provide outreach and research-based information about gardening to the public. The program manager will grow a vibrant learning environment under the general guidance of the Education Center Area of Expertise chair and in collaboration with other Extension volunteer program managers and home horticulture program managers. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, maintain, evaluate, and support volunteers who provide their service either in-person or remotely at the Education Center in a coordinated, community-based educational system.
- Collaborate with Extension Volunteer program managers in the recruitment of volunteers.
- Create and implement appreciation and recognition activities for volunteers.
- Develop and implement learning and outreach opportunities for Master Gardener volunteers at the UNH Extension Education Center with a focus on disseminating research-based garden information to the public.
- Participate in community engagement on behalf of the Education Center.
- In cooperation with the Education Center staff, manage Extension’s yard and garden outreach efforts including website, newsletter, podcast, and social media accounts.
- Maintain the infrastructure of Extension’s email and phone-based public Infoline.
- In cooperation with the home horticulture program managers, collect data and prepare reports on program activities, achievements, and other areas of significance.
- Identify individual and team professional development goals and implement a professional development plan to build skills and expertise that support the Education Center programs, staff, and volunteers.
- Serve as chair of Extension’s Home Horticulture Area of Expertise team as assigned, leading the team in needs assessment, program development, annual reporting, and supervising program and support staff. This duty would also include monitoring income and expenses, maintaining budget records, overseeing facility resource use, serving as liaison to facilities managers, and reporting operational concerns to leadership or appropriate authorities.
- Ensure programmatic involvement of underserved and underrepresented audiences and ensure that all educational programming is conducted in full accordance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies and procedures.
- Travel throughout the state to attend Food & Agriculture Team meetings and to meet with staff in other locations.
- Identify individual professional development goals in cooperation with Extension’s Food and Agriculture program team leader and seek training in subject area expertise and essential skills related to the position.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by Extension’s Food and Agriculture program team leader.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or a related field, and two years’ experience in work related to administering educational programs
- Previous success managing volunteers
- Previous success in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent human relations and communication skills
- Proven success in teamwork
- Good time management skills
- Competency in current computer technologies, including the Microsoft Office environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for work. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate.
Join the Conversation