Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterinary Assistant - Small Animal ICU
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511980
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Assistant. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to VHC veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technicians in the performance of their duties to improve the client service experience. This position will provide clerical and patient care support, and serve as a medical scribe and electronic medical record specialist in the Small Animal Intensive Care Unit.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and one year of experience as a veterinary assistant providing patient care.
• Two or more years of experience as a veterinary assistant providing patient care.
• Ability to work with and provide preventative maintenance for ordinary veterinary medical hospital equipment.
• Ability to handle, restrain, and provide medical treatments to domestic animals.
• Willingness to master new techniques.
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and comfort with Word and Excel software.
• Ability to provide software instruction to a variety of audiences.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$12.46 - $18.68/hr
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2716643