Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterinary Assistant (Small Animal ICU)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 510940
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 04A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Assistant. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to VHC veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technicians in the performance of their duties to improve the client service experience. This position will provide clerical and patient care support, and serve as a medical scribe and electronic medical record specialist in the Small Animal Intensive Care Unit.
The hours for this position will be Monday- Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Assist VHC Veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technicians:
• Serve as secretary of the specialty service
• Screen calls
• Serve as resource in management of service daily activities
• Serve as a client liaison with the service
• Provide patient care
• Restraint of animals
• Feed, exercise and bathe patients
• Collection of urine and fecal samples
• Monitor, record and report physical signs of hospitalized patients
• Assist with compliance of all biohazard and infection control protocols
• Clean cages and runs, provide clean bedding, water and litter boxes
• Maintain cleanliness and general upkeep of ICU
• Enter charges for the service and ensure accuracy
• Restock and reorder supplies
Electronic Medical Record Specialist:
• Medical Scribe
• Gather information for patient visit
• Enter documentation into the Electronic Medical Record as directed and appropriate
• Provide input in the creation and development of electronic medical record forms
• Serve as electronic medical record and Hospital Information System resource for students, staff and faculty
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma
• One year of experience as a veterinary assistant providing patient care
• Two or more years of experience as a veterinary assistant providing patient care
• Ability to work with and provide preventative maintenance for ordinary veterinary medical hospital equipment
• Ability to handle, restrain, and provide medical treatments to domestic animals
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and comfort with Word and Excel software
• Ability to provide software instruction to a variety of audiences
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 12.46 - $ 18.68 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 25, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2329751