Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterinary Nurse I
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 512827
Employment type: Staff Part Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a part-time Veterinary Nurse I, II or III. This position plans, organizes, directs and controls technical work in the small animal ICU, with majority of time dedicated to the Emergency service of KSU-VHC during an established shift. Employee maintains equipment and supply status in the SA ICU area and is responsible for providing triage, emergency and critical care in this work area. Responsible for cleanliness of the work area and assures that supply are not outdated. Monitors medical records and ICU orders of patients for completeness, accuracy and financial accountability. This position is also responsible for coordination of animal treatments; instruct, train and supervise students and employees in approved treatment technique.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Must be registered as a paraprofessional under the authority of the Kansas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners within six months of appointment.
• Veterinary Nurse I: Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
• Veterinary Nurse II: Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and two years of relevant experience.
• Veterinary Nurse III: Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and five years of relevant experience as a state credentialed veterinary technician (RVT, LVT, CVT).
• Experience working in Emergency and Critical Care.
• Teaching or training experience.
• Ability to make quick decisions and express good judgment.
• Self motivated to learn new nursing skills and attend continuing education opportunities.
• Ability to perform in a fast paced environment with a large case load.
• An individual who understands the importance of patient mental health while in the hospital.
• Strong multitasking skills.
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• A self starter who is constantly looking for productive ways to fill down time.
• Flexibility and willingness to help other teammates.
• Reliable individual who can be depended on by other members of the team.
• Physically able to handle, restrain and provide medical services to domestic animals.
• Ability to maintain and use ordinary veterinary medical hospital equipment.
• A knowledge of standard emergency veterinary medical procedures is preferred.
• Ability to perform word processing and data entry procedures on a personal computer.
• Willing and able to master new techniques.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.42 - $29.64 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 15, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010592