Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Viticulture Advisor will implement an innovative extension education and applied research program to address high priority production issues in wine and table grapes including pest, disease and water management.
The advisor will support entry-level growers who require an intensive educational effort on basic viticulture and pest management practices while experienced growers need information on new technologies to remain competitive. All producers face mounting pressures from increased regulatory and environmental compliance requirements as well as cost-competitiveness in an increasingly global marketplace. Secondary responsibilities will include providing support for cane berries and blue berries, although the major program emphases will be on wine grape production.
Education: A minimum of a Master’s degree in viticulture, crop science, soil science, pest management, or a closely related field is required at the time of appointment.
· Valid driver license.
· Live within a commutable distance of the position headquarters during period of appointment.
· The CE Advisor must possess or obtain within one year of hire a Qualified Pesticide Applicator Certificate (QAC) prior to applying pesticides or supervising the application of any pesticide.
· Experience with vineyard or orchard crops.
· Passion and desire to pursue a career in Cooperative Extension and community development.
· Experience in successful Cooperative Extension programming or community development,
· Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, manage teams and implement a research program, including setting measurable goals and objectives.
Salary: The beginning salary will be in the Assistant CE Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding CE advisor series salary scales, please refer to: https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/358478.pdf
This position is eligible for indefinite status following three successful reviews and subject to terms noted in UC ANR Policy and Procedure Manual, Section 315 https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/118501.pdf