Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511507
Employment type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Dining / Hospitality, Food Safety
Pay Grade: 01A
About This Role:
Ware Washers are an important part of our dining services team and support the service and production of food for student residents and guests. We are currently offering shifts from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. OR 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. and will usually be scheduled to work 5 days per week.
Job duties include:
• Cleaning and sanitizing tableware, trays, utensils, pots and pans using modern equipment and systems
• Operate and clean equipment used in ware washing
• Performs general cleaning duties in food preparation and service areas
• Assists in food service areas during peak service periods
• Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for food production and service
Our ware washers enjoy working in a team environment and using modern equipment and systems in new or renovated dining facilities.
Why Join Us:
K-State food is rated number 13 nationwide according to The Princeton Review's "https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/best-colleges" in its 2021 issue. Our K-State students enjoy meals made from scratch on location by our dedicated, hardworking dining staff. Be part of the https://housing.k-state.edu/dining/ team that makes it all happen and enjoy a free meal when you work.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Knowledge of sanitation procedures and equipment
• Knowledge of foodservice regulations
• Ability to demonstrate proper sanitation procedures and use of equipment to others
• Ability to interact with others harmoniously
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until positions are filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$11.00 per hour plus $.60 per hour shift differential for qualifying evening shifts.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 27, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled