OSU Ecampus is seeking a web team manager to join our Course Development and Training (CDT) team.
OSU Ecampus has a good problem – high demand for the work we do. We’re looking for someone to help us manage the day-to-day operations involved in developing web-based applications and learning platforms. This position blends leadership with project management and technical expertise. The Web Team Manager is a working manager position who leads a small team of programmers in the design and development of web-based interactive content for online and hybrid courses. This position provides project management and supervision for a team of 6 programmers and a small number of student workers. The Web Team Manager interacts directly with faculty to assess requirements and scope and to ensure resources and schedules align to the needs of the project.
While our projects vary across subjects, this position will have opportunity to build long-term, positive relationships through this collaboration with faculty and content experts. In-house, you’ll work closely with multimedia developers, instructional designers, researchers, librarians, and more to ensure high-quality content is produced for on-time delivery. Additionally, part of the web team manager position involves regular research and evaluation of new web-based technologies to help keep the team modernized.
Oregon State University and Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by designing learning environments that are inclusive, accessible, and follow the best practices of Universal Design for Learning.
Take a look through the qualifications provided below – if this sounds like a position in which you would excel and thrive, we want to talk!
Job duties include:
- Design web applications and platform systems and integrate other large scale systems such as Canvas
- Assess web application and platform needs, evaluate new and existing architecture for compliance with Ecampus quality and accessibility standards
- Analyze project and technology performance
- Provide operational level management of day to day operations for the Ecampus web team
- Standard supervision duties including project lead, performance appraisals, approve leave and plans/assigns/approves work
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders regarding projects, communicate requests to the web team
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding and supervision of student employees
- Research new technologies and consult with others in the industry to learn about emerging technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3 years of experience in professional programming including 1 year of lead work experience in an information technology position
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources, team members, and stakeholders, ability to adapt to changing priorities, plan, prioritize, and track projects that meet or exceed standards on time in a professional environment
- Demonstrated success in working in a collaborative team environment, especially leading teams formally or informally
- Experience conveying technical concepts to varied audiences (leadership, faculty, students, and other Ecampus staff) in live consultations, email, reports, etc
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience communicating/collaborating with a diverse group of people or teams.
- Experience working in a higher education environment, specifically with faculty
- Project management certification (for example: PMI, CAPM, PMP) or training
- Experience using project management software
- Experience with an agile project management methodology
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST)
- Experience with one or more modern Java-script web development frameworks (for example Angular, React/Vue, etc)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with designing responsive and accessible web applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of back-end development (Serverless, Node.js etc)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience with source control/version control systems (such as Git)
- Knowledge of standards for authentication and authorization, security vulnerabilities, and remediation procedures
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Medical coverage – 95% employer contribution toward CORE benefits (medical, vision, dental, employee basic life). Optional spouse/domestic and dependent coverage.
- Vacation leave (15 hours/month), sick leave (8 hours/month), and 10 paid holidays
- Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP/IAP and optional ORP)
- Health Engagement Model
- Disability insurance
- Long-Term care insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life insurance with optional employee & spouse/domestic partner coverage.
- Parental or family medical leave
- Employee assistance program
- Orange rewards for 10% discount at all university restaurants
- Professional development opportunities
- College savings program
- Free access to Care.com
- Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Reduced tuition rates for you or your dependents/spouse/domestic partner
- And more!
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled
Job type: Full time, professional faculty
Location: This position has the option to work fully remote through June 30th, 2022. The Ecampus offices are located at the Corvallis, OR campus.
How to apply: If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link -https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/108101
For full consideration please apply by October 20th, 2021. Final closing date is November 15th, 2021.