The registration websites for some APLU council and commission summer virtual convenings are now live. The coronavirus has shifted the delivery, format, and timing of the convenings from what was typical in years past. Many councils and commissions have moved to more abbreviated sessions that often take place across more days.
APLU councils convene university leaders with comparable titles, working in similar positions, to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base within their professional area of expertise. APLU commissions convene individuals, regardless of position and from multiple disciplines across the universities, to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base in areas of common interest. The councils and commissions' summer meetings provide a forum for discussing issues they're dealing with on campus. Not every council/commission's summer meeting registration site is live yet and this page will be continually updated with new meeting registration websites.
- Commission on Economic and Community Engagement Summer Series, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12.
- Commission on International Initiatives, dates and times forthcoming in July, August, September, and October. July's call, held on the 28 from 2-3pm ET will cover Global Learning for All. Please contact Jordan Merker, Associate for International Programs, for more information.
- Commission on Information, Measurement, & Analysis Summer Meeting, July 8th and 9th. Further details to come. Please contact Porshia Brewer, Associate in the Office of Data and Policy Analysis, for more information.
- Council on Academic Affairs Summer Meeting (only open to provosts), July 13 and 14th. Stephen Schiavone, Program Associate for Academic Affairs, for more information.
- Council on Strategic Communications Summer Meeting, July 20 and 21. Please contact Allie Maniglia, Public Affairs Coordinator, for more information.
- Council on Governmental Affairs Summer Meeting, July 21-23. Please contact Yvonne Darpoh for additional information.