The following is a list of university-submitted communications on the various COVID-19 vaccines. While it is not an exhaustive list of communications resources, APLU hopes these resources will help universities in responding to coronavirus and communicating with their campuses. To submit a resource, please email APLU Public Affairs.
Jackson State University
- JSU Partnership with Centers for Disease Control Foundation
- Vaccine Webinars
University of California, Davis
- Chancellor Gary May tweeted a photo of himself receiving the vaccine and noting his commitment to encouraging people of color to get vaccinated
- UC Davis study showing how fact checking anti-vaccine claims on social media is an effective way of combatting misinformation
University of Florida
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski is participating in the NIH-Moderna trial of the COVID-19 vaccine developed under the leadership of UMBC alumna Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett. He has advocated for vaccination through interviews with PBS NewsHour, CBS This Morning, The Washington Post, AARP, and others
University of New Mexico
- Partnering with the New Mexico Department of Health, the Trusted Voices PSA promotes the safety and importance of the vaccines
- The university has been messaging on how people outside of tribal communities must register to be vaccinated through the Department of Health and is preparing to run a campaign similar to getting the flu shot once vaccines are available to the general public.
Wayne State University