APLU Support of Cluster Institutions
Active Funding Opportunities
On September 23, 2020, APLU shared a Request for Proposals for seed funding to support collaborative projects. Click here to view the RFP The deadline for proposals is November 23, 2020. All Powered by Publics member institutions are eligible to apply, either individually or in partnership with other universities in their cluster. MSIs are encouraged to apply.
APLU will serve primarily as a backbone organization – providing:
- Facilitated meetings convening the clusters as well as individual campus visits, supported by a capacity-building grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Technical assistance, including connection with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Solution Hubs for digital learning, advising, and developmental education.
- Other support, funded through a capacity-building grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, including:
- Some project management support for working groups and other collaborative learning activities, provided through APLU’s new Center for Public University Transformation;
- A data team to assist with evaluation, data collection, and analysis.
- A communications team to work with university communications staff to document, disseminate, and promote effective practices; and
- National leadership, including a national advisory council, to provide governance for the project.
- Assistance identifying vendors and other technology service providers for implementation of solutions.
- Some fundraising support to help clusters obtain national and regional funding for specific activities as they are developed.