APLU Support of Cluster Institutions
APLU will serve primarily as a backbone organization – providing:
- Facilitated meetings convening the clusters as well as individual campus visits, supported by a capacity-building grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Technical assistance, including connection with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Solution Hubs for digital learning, advising, and developmental education.
- Other support, funded through a capacity-building grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, including:
- Some project management support for working groups and other collaborative learning activities, provided through APLU’s new Center for Public University Transformation;
- A data team to assist with evaluation, data collection, and analysis.
- A communications team to work with university communications staff to document, disseminate, and promote effective practices; and
- National leadership, including a national advisory council, to provide governance for the project.
- Assistance identifying vendors and other technology service providers for implementation of solutions.
- Some fundraising support to help clusters obtain national and regional funding for specific activities as they are developed.