Apply for IEP Awards
Once an institution has earned the IEP designation, it is then eligible to compete for annual IEP awards. Whereas the IEP designation signals that an institution has demonstrated a substantial, sustainable, and campus-wide commitment to regional economic and community development, IEP University awards recognize specific projects, programs, and initiatives in economic engagement.
Each year at the APLU Annual Meeting, the world's largest convening of public university presidents, provosts, vice presidents, and other senior administrations, four prestigious awards are given to celebrate innovative and exemplary work in the three facets of economic engagement:
- The IEP Talent Award is given for excellence in education and workforce development that help prepare students for jobs, careers, and a lifetime.
- The IEP Innovation Award is given for excellence in innovation, and technology-based economic development, or entrepreneurship that all fuel the innovation economy
- The IEP Place Award is given for excellence in public service, outreach and extension, and community engagement that contribute to social, cultural, or community development and the stewardship of place.
- The IEP Economic Engagement Connections Award is the top award in the competition. It’s given for exemplary overall economic engagement and, most importantly, the demonstration that the institution is linking, leveraging and connecting across efforts in Talent, Innovation, and Place. Judges select a Connections award winner from entries to all three award categories, identifying a submission that transcends submission categories and demonstrates connections between and among at least two of the categories of Talent, Innovation, and Place.
Finalists are recognized at the CECE Summer Meeting and award winners are recognized during the APLU Annual Meeting.
Learn more about applying for IEP awards by reviewing the IEP award submission guidelines found here.
APLU IEP 2021 Awards Application Process:
1. Fill out the APLU IEP Awards Intent Form.
2. Email email@example.com to receive the application materials.
3. Complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB April 30th, 2021.
Questions may be directed to APLU's Sheila Martin (email@example.com) and Abigail Robbins (firstname.lastname@example.org).