Today, Tuesday, November 17, 2015 from 9-11:30 AM (EST), the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities and Coalition of Urban Serving Universities (USU) will present Innovation Challenge Pitch: Student Success 3.0, a funding competition featuring six public research institutions. At stake is $160,000 in innovation funds to be awarded that day, by a panel of judges, before attendees at the APLU Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana. Conference attendees will vote via the conference app to award $5,000 to their favorite pitcher.
The competition will be live streamed here, or with the URL http://original.livestream.com/private/markeysrentalandstaging
Schools and leaders making pitches:
· Jacqueline Smith, Executive Director of University Initiatives, Arizona State University
o Pitch: me3: Meeting high school students where they are
· Peter Meiksins, Vice Provost of Academic Programs, Cleveland State University
o Pitch: Dual Campus Advising System
· Isis Artze-Vega, Associate Director of Center for the Advancement of Teaching, Florida International University
o Pitch: UPASS@FIU
· Melissa Welker, Executive Director of Student Success Programs and Initiatives, Northern Arizona University
o Pitch: Building a Rapid Response to Risk (R3) System
· Sona Andrews, Provost, Portland State University
o Pitch: Hey Siri, where is MY Degree Map?
· Alan Houston, Director of Academic Strategic Initiatives, University of California, San Diego
o Engaged Learning Tools
The pitch is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, and Lumina Foundation. Mark Becker, President of Georgia State University, will facilitate the session. Follow along on Twitter at #APLU2015 as well.