The Commission on Information, Measurement, and Analysis (CIMA) is one of the operational commissions of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU). CIMA creates space for APLU institutions to come together to create communities of practice around effective and efficient use of data and fiscal resources to guide campus planning and decision-making. CIMA seeks to address the opportunities and challenges associated with our ever-evolving data and analytics landscape to inform the APLU community of best practices and emerging trends. CIMA promotes cross-functional discussions on how to systematically create and improve the data infrastructure, the strategic analysis capacity, institutional assessment, and the fiscal and administrative management on campuses.
The Commission on Information, Measurement, and Analysis (CIMA) is intentionally designed to bring together senior administrators from different functional areas on campus – those who provide data as well as those who use data. Therefore, the Commission is open to
- Presidents, provosts, and other senior-level campus decision-makers,
- Senior administrators in more traditional campus data roles (institutional research, administration and finance, IT or data management, etc.), and
- Leaders from other areas, such as assessment and accreditation support, enrollment management, strategic planning, and institutional effectiveness.
Ways to Engage
- CIMA has several committees through which members can engage, the Executive Committee, the Program Planning Committee, and the Data and Policy Advisory Committee. For a list of committee members and activities, see the Committees page.
- CIMA meets twice yearly, during the CIMA Summer Meeting and APLU Annual Meeting. The CIMA Meeting & Events page contains information about past and upcoming meetings.
- CIMA also hosts webinars on topics that members find relevant and important for their work. These webinars are developed in collaboration with the CIMA committees.
- Members can stay updated on CIMA activities by reviewing the quarterly newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.
Download the CIMA Purpose and Operating Guidelines for more details