APLU engages its membership through a series of initiatives led by councils and commissions, which help drive the APLU agenda. The APLU council structure enables university leaders with comparable titles, working in similar positions, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base within their professional area of expertise. The commission structure enables individuals, regardless of position and from multiple disciplines across the universities, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base in areas of common interest regardless of position. Register now for your council and/or commission’s summer meeting. Note: not all councils/commissions have opened their summer meetings to online registration yet, but they will be added to this page as soon as they are active.
- SMTI/STEM Education Center Conference, San Antonio, TX Wednesday, June 8 at 8:00am Thursday, June 9 at 3:00pm (Follow- on workshop ends on June 10 at 3:00 pm).
- HBCU Summit, Atlanta, GA Wednesday, June 15 Friday, June 17.
- Commission on Information, Measurement, and Analysis (CIMA), Summer Meeting, Portland, OR Saturday, June 26 at 6:00pm Tuesday, June 28 at 12:00pm.
- Council on Academic Affairs Summer Meeting, Park City, UT Friday, July 8 at 2:00pm Monday, July 11 at 12:00pm
- Council on Student Affairs (CSA) 2016 Summer Meeting Park City, UT Sunday, July 10 at 10:00am Tuesday, July 12 at 12:00pm
- Council on Engagement / Commission on Innovation, Competitiveness, and Economic Prosperity Joint Summer Meeting, Chicago, IL Sunday, July 10 at 5:30pm Wednesday, July 13 12:00pm.
- Council on Strategic Communications Summer Meeting, Minneapolis, MN Monday, July 11 at 7:00am Tuesday, July 12 at 10:00pm.
- Commission on International Initiatives Summer Meeting & Rutgers International Research Conference New Brunswick, NJ Sunday, July 17 approximately 2:00 PM Tuesday, July 19 approximately 9:00 PM.
- Joint COPs Meeting San Antonio, TX Monday, July 18 at 8:00am Thursday, July 21 at 5:00pm.
- Commission on Access Diversity & Excellence Summer Meeting, New York City, NY Wednesday, July 27 Friday, July 29
- Council on Research Summer Meeting 2016 (CoR) Morgantown, WV Sunday, July 31 (8:00am – might change) Wednesday, August 3 at 12:00pm.
- Council on Governmental Affairs Summer Meeting Morgantown, WV Tuesday, August 2 at 12:00PM Thursday, August 5 at 12:00pm.
Join the Conversation