Indianapolis, IN – The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) today announced its 2016 Board of Directors. At a ceremony during the association’s 128th Annual Meeting, University of Kansas Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little became Chair of the Board, taking over for Clemson University President James P. Clements. The Board of Directors provides oversight and direction for APLU’s work and is charged with setting membership and governing policies for the association. Board members work to make public institutions of higher education more effective in delivering high quality and affordable higher education alongside cutting-edge research and robust community and economic engagement.
“Bernadette Gray-Little has built a reputation as one of one hardest working and most innovative leaders in higher education today,” said APLU President Peter McPherson. “We are delighted that she has been selected as the next Chair of the Board of Directors for APLU. We thank James Clements for serving as Chair of the APLU Board of Directors, in which he demonstrated his unrelenting commitment to improving public higher education throughout the United States. Our Board of Directors plays a central role in shaping APLU’s agenda and the public higher education landscape more broadly. We look forward to the extensive experience and considerable expertise they will bring to their roles.”
Below is the roster for the 2016 APLU Board of Directors:
- Bernadette Gray-Little, Chancellor, University of Kansas, is Chair of the Board.
- Teresa Sullivan, President, University of Virginia, is Chair-Elect of the Board.
- James Clements, President, Clemson University, is Past-Chair of the Board.
- Michael Drake, President, The Ohio State University, is Chair of the Council of Presidents.
- Mildred Garcia, President, California State University, Fullerton, is Secretary of the Council of Presidents.
- Bob Caret, Chancellor, University of Maryland System, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Patrick Gallagher, Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Susan Herbst, President, University of Connecticut, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Satish Tripathi, President, University at Buffalo, SUNY, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Renu Khator, President, University of Houston, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Waded Cruzado, President, Montana State University, is a Board Member-at-Large.
- Juliette Bell, President, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, is the Council of 1890s Universities Representative.
- Risa Palm, Provost, Georgia State University, is the Council on Academic Affairs Representative.
- Arnold Combe, Vice President for Administrative Services, University of Utah, is the Council on Business Affair Representative.
- Andrew Furco, Associate Vice President for Public Engagement, University of Minnesota, is the Council on Engagement and Outreach Representative.
- Mark Huddleston, President, University of New Hampshire, is the Council on Governmental Affairs Representative.
- Tom Milligan, Vice President for External Relations, Colorado State University, is the Council on Strategic Communications Representative.
- Juan B. Franco, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, is the Council on Student Affairs Representative.
- Richard Marchase, Vice President, Research Economic Development, University of Alabama at Birmingham, is the Council on Research Policy and Graduate Education Representative.
- Kevin Rome, President, Lincoln University at Missouri, is the Commission on Access, Diversity, and Excellence Representative.
- Jeffrey Armstrong, President, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, is the Commission on Food, Environment, and Renewable Resources Representative.
- Pradeep Khosla, Chancellor, University of California, San Diego, is the Commission on Innovation, Competitiveness & Economic Prosperity Representative.
- Anthony Frank, President, Colorado State University, is the Commission on International Initiatives Representative.
- Edward Ray, President, Oregon State University, is the Commission on Science Mathematics and Teacher Imperative Representative.
- Wim Wiewel, President, Portland State University, is the Commission on Urban Initiatives Representative.
- Kim Wilcox, Chancellor, University of California Riverside, is the Commission on Information, Measurement, and Analysis Representative.
- Jay Akridge, Dean of Agriculture, Purdue University, is the Board on Agriculture Policy Board Representative.
- Stacy Rastauskas, Associate Vice President for Federal Relations, The Ohio State University, is the Council on Government Affairs (Co-Chair).
Join the Conversation