Throughout our webpages, we provide links to other servers which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers.
Creating a text link from your website to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you'd like us to consider adding to our website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Link request."
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to email@example.com. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder.
This website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APLU is committed to the protection and security of user data.
- Types of information collected
- How the information is used
- With whom the data is shared
- Accessing, updating, and deleting data
- Your rights to your personal data, if applicable
- How to contact us
What types of personal information are collected?
- If you send an email to us, that information is not collected or stored unless you request it.
- We may forward the email to relevant staff internally, but it will not be used outside of responding to inquiries.
- When subscribing to one of our newsletters, we may ask for: first name, last name, email, organization, and job title.
- Event attendees and individuals in our councils or commissions may be subject to more in-depth data collection, such as: mailing address, phone number, fax number, demographic information, and other relevant professional data.
- Where relevant, we may track history of involvement with APLU and/or employment history.
- We may collect cookies when someone browses our website. This may include the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site. You may leave the site or use private browsing if you do not consent to sharing this information. Refer to the following links below to learn how to use privacy mode:
How is this information used?
- The main use of this information is in providing you with content you request via email or postal mail communications. The nature and frequency of these messages is dependent upon how active you choose to be in our association.
- We may use browser cookies for marketing, general improvement to the different sections of our site, and to count the number of visitors to our site.
These purposes are in line with the legitimate interests of our organization in fulfilling our mission to our members and managing our website. We have taken into consideration any risks that may be posed to individuals based on our use of your data and have determined that the risk to individuals is low.
We store your information for no longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected. The information you provide us to request content for event registration and council and commission participation is archived for historical reference and to track registration trends, and as a result, is kept indefinitely.
With whom is this data shared?
- All email address, and phone data is private to APLU staff only. When relevant, we may share this data with other council or committee members for ease of communication.
- Event attendance lists with names, titles, and organizations may be made public.
How can I access, update, or delete my personal data?
- To access, correct, opt-out, or delete your personal data, please send an email to email@example.com.
What are my rights to my personal data?
If APLU processes your personal data in connection with offering event attendance or other goods or services, then you have the following rights to your personal data:
- Right of Access - You have a right to access any of your personal data. This includes information ranging from your name and email to IP address and browser cookies.
- Right to Rectification - If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. To rectify or complete your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Erasure – In certain circumstances, you may have a right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data from our system. Requests can be made by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Right to Restrict or Object to Processing – You may ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or request no marketing contact from us. Requests can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Data Portability – In some circumstances, you have the right to request that we transfer your data to you or another entity. Requests can be made by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have a right to consent to all processing done by APLU using your data. You may also request to view and correct all personal information we have on your record. You may withdraw consent at any time and request for your information to be removed from our system.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your personal data with the relevant data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority is the data protection authority in the country that you live or work in, or the country in which the alleged impermissible data processing occurred.
How can I contact you?
- All questions regarding the privacy statement, our practices, data policy, and your use of the website can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website or APLU, you can contact us at email@example.com.