General Resources of Interest
- Gates, S. J., & Mirkin, C. (2012). Engage to excel. Science, 335(6076), 1545-1545. Available at https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/pcast-engage-to-excel-final_2-25-12.pdf
- Bressoud, D., Mesa, V., & Rasmussen, C. (2015). Insights and recommendations from the MAA National Study of College Calculus. Available at http://www.maa.org/sites/default/files/pdf/cspcc/InsightsandRecommendations.pdf
- Characteristics of Successful Programs in College Calculus - Publications & Reports. (n.d.). Retrieved October 19, 2016, from http://www.maa.org/programs/faculty-and-departments/curriculum-development-resources/national-studies-college-calculus/cspcc-publications
- Publications & Reports. (n.d.). Retrieved October 19, 2016, from http://www.maa.org/programs/faculty-and-departments/curriculum-development-resources/national-studies-college-calculus/ptc-publications.
- Singer, S. R., Nielsen, N. R., & Schweingruber, H. A. (Eds.). (2012). Discipline-based education research: Understanding and improving learning in undergraduate science and engineering. National Academies Press. Available at https://www.nap.edu/catalog/13362/discipline-based-education-research-understanding-and-improving-learning-in-undergraduate
- Fry, C. L. (Ed.). (n.d.). Achieving Systemic Change - Association of American ... Retrieved October 24, 2016, from http://www.aacu.org/sites/default/files/files/publications/E-PKALSourcebook.pdf
- Freeman, S., Eddy, S. L., McDonough, M., Smith, M. K., Okoroafor, N., Jordt, H., & Wenderoth, M. P. (2014). Active learning increases student performance in science, engineering, and mathematics. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111(23), 8410-8415. Available at http://www.pnas.org/content/111/23/8410.abstract
- Tanner, J. D., Bryant, R., Thomas, C. D., Utts, J., Kohlenbach, U., Hill, R. R., . . . Kinch, D. (n.d.). Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences - cbmsweb.org. Retrieved October 24, 2016, from http://www.cbmsweb.org/Statements/Active_Learning_Statement.pdf
- Malcom, S., & Feder, M. (Eds.). (2016). Barriers and Opportunities for 2-Year and 4-Year STEM Degrees: Systemic Change to Support Students' Diverse Pathways. National Academies Press. Available at https://www.nap.edu/catalog/21739/barriers-and-opportunities-for-2-year-and-4-year-stem-degrees.
- Bressoud, D., & Rasmussen, C. (2015). Seven characteristics of successful calculus programs. Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 62(2), 144-146. Available at http://www.aplu.org/projects-and-initiatives/stem-education/seminal/seminal-resources/AMS notices.pdf
SEMINAL-generated Resources of Interest
- Smith, W. M., Williams, M., Donsig, A., & Wakefield, N. (Oct., 2016). SEMINAL: A project studying active learning mathematics at different institutions. Poster presentation and ignite talk at the Nebraska STEM Education Day, Lincoln, NE. Available at http://www.aplu.org/projects-and-initiatives/stem-education/seminal/seminal-resources/SEMINAL-STEMed-poster-Oct2016-final-LA.pdf
- Donsig, A., Grant, D., & O'Sullivan, M. (Mar., 2017). SEMINAL: A grant aimed at helping institutions develop and maintain active learning in the P2C2 sequence. PowerPoint presentation at the TPSE Math Chairs + 1 Conference #2, College Park, MD. Available at http://www.aplu.org/projects-and-initiatives/stem-education/seminal/seminal-resources/TPSE.pdf